Actually, he might be an IBM i-Series! We have RIM news, security news, Disney news! We have it all this week!
A couple of comments …
Better include me as one of those nutjobs that thinks that video games have an influence on shootings. There are any number of studies that show that playing video games with or without replica guns (instead of joystcks) improves overall accuracy and headshot accuracy in particular. Do video games lead to violence – I don’t know … are they a contributing factor – absolutely. My dad saw this in his boys (me and my brothers) when we watched wrestling on TV and then started to wrestle ourselves – we didn’t get to watch those shows again.
Quantum entanglement – from my understanding, your description was pretty good. However, the information relay wasn’t instantaneous. As reported in the article “While quantum teleportation is subject to the cosmic speed limit, the speed of light, …”.
Finally my take on the Apple presentation to Samsung wasn’t as rosy as yours. Didn’t Apply play the Patent troll here?
Apple: “Hey – you are using stuff that we have the patent for. Pay up if you want to keep using it or we will see you in court.”
Microsoft said ‘Ok, fair cop’. Samsung said ‘On your bike sunshine’.
PS: I say cheers because I spend a few years in England and picked up the habit there.
- Networks to Hulu: Please die already!
- Jobs may have been right about Flash after all!
- OnLive shuts down. No, it doesn’t. Yes it did. No, wait.
- That text from your mom, may not be from your mom.
- Johnny Mnemonic is about to become painfully real
- Queue up RIM’s “fail trombone”
- T-Mobile announces that they are launching a new unlimited plan.
- Disney indoctrinates against open source
- RIP Nintendo Power: December to be last issue
- Voyager 2 turned 35 years old this week, making it the oldest piece of active NASA equipment. Turns out that ol’ V’Ger is still actively sending data back to us and is about to leave the sun’s heliosphere!
- Rumor has it that John Travolta will be joining the remake of The Toxic Avenger. In related news, John Travolta apparently still has a career.
- Plants Vs Zombies II was announced. No word if “Electric Boogaloo” will be a sub-title.
- Rob Liefeld left DC Comics with an awesome Twitter rant. Looks like we have two wishes left..
- Microsoft has unveiled a their first new logo in 25 years. Consisting of four colored squares and the word “Microsoft,” it was apparently developed by a four-year-old.
- Gee, why hasn’t anyone seeing the Star Trek Online player “SkyBuckFlying” lately? Oh yeah, because he was trying to sell an illegal patch that made all of the other players nude. Way to stay classy there SkyBuck.
- AMC has started a Presidential Campaign for A. Zombie for President. His first act in office will be to launch a zombie horde on Dish Network.
- Logitech has released a washable keyboard. Now you office monkeys can eat your jelly donuts and spill your coffee without fear of having to make up an excuse to the IT guy as to why your keyboards keep needing replaced.
Talking Point: Should software developers be sued for security holes?
Zuke’s Favorite: Toronto has a potty mouth!
Schmidty’s Favorite: Video of Curiosity Landing!!!
Zohner’s Favorite: I’m not the only bad parent.
Stark’s Favorite: September 1st……….the Doctor is coming………