As it turns out, we can only do a fast lane when we have a lot of headlines to blow through. Otherwise, we really aren’t that fast! We’ve got your feedback questions and the universe decides to play a joke on Zuke!
On face book I noticed the droids wanted their listeners to send them questions for a possible Q&A episode so here’s a question or two from me… well, four anyway. hahaAny of you into steampunk? If not what sort of alternate realities do you imagine?What got you interested in the tech world?Tumblr?What programs do you use to create the podcast?Many regards,Michael
I have been listening to you for about 2 months now and am currently going through your back catalogue (at the moment I am at ep 23). So please accept my sincerest apologies for not contacting you sooner. My problem is I listen to pods whilst I work and then totally forget to email.
This week you discussed the benefits of apps to assist reading. I can’t see this as being anything but a good thing, I have progressively learnt reading and co-ordination skills as well as many other things from various media. Whether this be video games, comics, tv etc.
The best way to learn is to engage with the material that you are being given. For some people this is simply having the text in front of you, and for some having it as a game style format will work better. The key thing is being able to have the variety of methods available at your disposal, not everyone learns the same way. And with apps it can potentially monitor your progression and then adjust its learning curve accordingly.
I think padds are the way of the future and should be implemented at every school. And save on paper and having to buy huge new text books or stock text books that are 20 years out of date.
One other subject I missed a while back was games. My top 5 is Final Fantasy 7 – epic in every sense, completed it 6 times and each play through takes at least 80 – 100hrs, Sonic 2 – so revolutionary and addictive it still stands up today, GTA3 – it was the first of the new wave GTA and revolutionised the series, Metal Gear Solid – such a great movie feel for a game, Resident Evil 2 – the first resi evil game I played and still my favourite.
Keep up the great work.
- Zuke’s sad move to RIM
- RIM’s board members barely squeak by
- Being just like everyone else will make us unique!
- Apple doesn’t care about the environment anymore, just another post-Jobs change.
- You’ve got to be kidding me. My tax dollars at work.
- The TSA can shoot as many lasers at me they want so long as they stop feeling me up!
- Def Leppard re-records their own songs since the record label won’t give them download royalties owed.
- A new gaming console is entering the market
- Beware, ransomware attempts to extort money from you.
- Scientists would have us believe that Batman could actually fly with his cape but landings would be dangerous. Obviously they don’t realize that he’s the freaking Batman and he’s practically indestructible.
- I can haz film festival? Minneapolis can haz! A film festival dedicated to Internet Cats is set to start August 30th. No matter who wins, we’ve all lost.
- It may not be a planet anymore, but Pluto manages to keep scientists on their toes by collecting more and more moons. The newest has been designated P5 and has been captured by Hubble. Gotta catch them all.
- Firefly will be returning to television this fall. The Science Channel will be airing a documentary looking at the Comic-Con reunion, as well as a special behind-the-scenes roundtable interview with the cast where they’ll answer many questions they’ve probably answered for fans before.
Talking Point: The question of mini-series
Zuke’s Favorite: Why Ron Perlman is the most awesome!
Stark’s Favorite: History of Rock and Roll in one riff
Zohner’s Favorite: The most horrible thing ever
Schmidty’s Favorite: Minecraft Parody of Party Rock Anthem