I really meant to find a clever title and image to put here . . . but it just didn’t happen.
We’re back to a normal recording situation, and boy does it show! To commemorate the show we’re talking about kiddie pr0n and how screwed up New York is! Also, Schmidty still doesn’t understand what “Fast Lane” means. Oh well.
- Apple’s new boot sound; the sad trombone. (an editorial)
- Senator Franken calls out FCC on the Comcast debacle.
- Xbox for $99?! BRILLIANT! (first subsidized game console?)
- New York proves that laws need to catch up with technology
- The Avengers are saving John Carter, gave %1000 increase in sales.
- Mircosoft’s reverse reality distortion field will be the death of it.
- Paying customers now being treated even more like criminals.
- Marvel’s The Avengers smashed all sorts of records over the weekend like the Hulk smashes anything that gets in his way. Does this come as any surprise to anyone?
- Minecraft for Xbox 360 Arcade broke the digital download record in a 24 hour period. The creepers just got creepier now that they’re in your living room, and your Xbox can now show off the 1990’s style graphics in full 1080p.
- Google Maps for Android gets updated with indoor directions. You never need to fear getting lost in the mall again.
- Angry Birds developer Rovio has plans to open amusement parks in China. Because who doesn’t want to get launched out of a giant slingshot into a construction site?
- Dish Network announced that their latest DVR will automatically skip commercials for you . . . well, most of the commercials. This is all at once awesome for us, and extortion for all other commercial agencies.
- Sources say Apple will be dropping Google Maps from iOS 6 at the upcoming WWDC. That’s not surprising; what’s surprising is I guess we’re getting iOS 6 at WWDC!
- NBC has renewed Community for a 13-episode fourth season. And there was much rejoicing.
- Director James Cameron says he’s now in “the Avatar business” and will not work on anything that is not Avatar related. I bet Avatar 23: Return of the Avatars will be a completely original story too.
Tech and politics Has this Presidency been more about tech than anything else? More than any before? Is “Tech Savy” a prerequisite now? http://gizmodo.com/5907994/everyone-has-been-hacked-now-what
Zuke’s Favorite: Why a Death Star doesn’t make much economic or military sense
Zohner’s Favorite: The Walking Dead in the 1980’s
Stark’s Favorite: I’m Trekkie and I know it
Schmidty’s Favorite: Leaning Tower of Pisa Troll