Sponsor: GoToMeeting with HD Faces makes it easy to collaborate online anytime. Try it Free!
This podcast is full of fail.
Somehow, we seriously managed to cut the last 2 minutes of the podcast and it ends up with the audio equivalent of a “Scene Missing”. Sorry. :-(
- Congress says “Hands Off Facebook” to employers
- Microsoft finds a “novel” way to settle a lawsuit; a monopoly.
- Also, Microsoft wants to finally get with it and live in the “home of the future”
- Moore’s Law is breaking down.
- Hulu may defeat the purpose of “cutting the cable”Slashdot’s take…
- You can sue for illegally downloading. Can you be sued illegally?
- Terrorizing the world with pr0n
- Will Netflix save Jericho? Let’s hope so.
- Google attempts to break Google-owned sites
- A recent leak in the military has lead to the release of the operator’s manual for the Predator Drone. The manual includes operating costs and some screenshots of the controller software . . . which looks like it was made for Windows 98. Seriously, can we get the Metro UI team on that?
- According to The Onion, NASA has announced an ambitious new plan to get a man to Columbus, OH by the end of 2013. The planned bus mission is expected to cost upwards of $360 of taxpayer money and is the latest in an effort for NASA to recapture some of their former glory.
- Highlighting the vulnerabilities of digital film in theaters this week, a showing of The Avengers was delayed 143 minutes when it was discovered someone had deleted the movie and it had to be re-downloaded. I’m sure the room full of rabid geeks and film critics barely even noticed . . .
- A month ago we reported that a major credit card payment system had been hacked and lost the information for nearly 1.5 million cards. A recent announcement from the company reveals the security breach actually happened over the course of 10 months! Check those credit card receipts!
- A recently discovered footage reel shows an Apple ad that never made it past its initial showing. The film in question was made in 1984 and is made to look like a war film of 1944 with Steve Jobs playing FDR, rallying his Apple Soldiers against IBM. Watchers beware, your day is about to get strange.
- Free Comic Book day is this weekend. Who doesn’t like free comics? Nazi zombies, that’s who.
Talking Point: It’s a Geek’s World. No, it’s not.
Zuke’s Favorite: Sharks with FRICKEN LASERS!!!
Zohner’s Favorite: Awesome Twitter accounts – here and here
Schmidty’s Favorite: Educational game on the Solar System; done with Unreal rendering engine and/or Go Right: A tribute to side-scrollers
Stark’s Favorite: Epic music is epic for 10 hours