Sponsor: GoToMeeting with HD Faces makes it easy to collaborate online anytime. Try it Free!
Stark decides to bail early . . . barely. Mac users can’t seem to wrap their heads around what a virus is, asteroids are going to make rich people richer, and no one knows what the crap Google is planning.
I am not sure why the rest of the world is suing various US tech firms in their home countries. However, given that the US doesn’t have 4G networks yet (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4G#Technical_definition), it could be for misleading advertising. I am surprised that someone in the US isn’t chasing down these firms for misleading ads.
- CISPA: Why does your government hate you?
- Google & Motorola: Does anyone have any clue what’s happening in there?!
- Microsoft buys AOL stuff just to sell it to Facebook.
- Google Drive is out! (a comparison) And they’re already in trouble.
- Holy crap, we humans have been busy!
- Your console is killing the planet
- Funny how The Hobbit might look like a old soap opera.
- MINERS . . . IN . . . SPAAAAAACCEEEE!!!
- Mac users are a bucket of denial.
- DARPA has concluded a year long investigation into the loss of the Air Force’s prototype drone last summer. Using computer models, telemetry, and notes from their previous prototype test they concluded that the drone started to tear itself apart after hitting a top speed of Mach 20 . . . you know, as things tend to do at Mach 20..
- An LA Times article has proven that America teens still rule the world in stupid ways to kill themselves, as a handful of them have use techniques found on the internet to distill hand sanitizer and make 120 proof alcohol. It comes as no surprise that they are all currently in the hospital. The article has also proven that reporters don’t know what the word “trend” means as only 6 kids have done this, but expect it to be all over your local news in a week or so.
- The Syfy channel announces five new ‘’reality’’ tv series including one from an executive producer from The Jersey Shore. Now we are just wondering when the next name change to “A clone of every other channel network” will come about?
- Hasbro told a blogger they wanted his home address to send him freebies, instead they sent lawyers directly to his door threatening legal action and scarring his neighbors. Way to stay classy to your customers Hasbro.
- Valve has announced a free Portal 2 DLC named the “Perpetual Testing Initiative” which will allow gamers to create their own Portal 2 levels and puzzles, the best of which will be automatically redistributed to all Portal 2 users. One can expect at least a few of these community created levels to actually have cake.
- The FBI reports that more than 300,000 computers could lose internet access in July due to Malware. The FBI has set up a site to see if your computer is infected: Green=Good.
- Dwarfers rejoice!. The new cast photo for the upcoming Red Dwarf season has been released.
- Don’t forget that Saturday, May 5th is Free Comic Book Day. It’s never too early to start planning to support your local comic book store.
- Is having an automated military such a good idea?
- China hacks drone control satellite.
- Iran reverse engineers drone encryption.
- Next war is a cyber one. Do we want these things armed?