April 23, 2014 By Dr SquishyPodcast (scam-show): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 29:52 — 13.7MB) | Embed Director Bryan Singer Accused of Sexually Abusing Teenage Boy How much of Read More »
April 20, 2014 By ZukePodcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 59:43 — 27.6MB) | Embed We are recording at Salt Lake Comic Con’s FanXperience and loving it Read More »
April 16, 2014 By Dr SquishyPodcast (scam-show): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 29:52 — 13.8MB) | Embed This week we feature our top 5 favorite Comic Book Movies. What Read More »
April 11, 2014 By SchmidtyPodcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 59:43 — 27.7MB) | Embed PSA: Due to the Heartbleed vulnerability in OpenSSL, we urge you to change Read More »
April 09, 2014 By Dr SquishyPodcast (scam-show): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 29:52 — 13.8MB) | Embed R.I.P Mickey Rooney Review and fallout from Captain America 2 and how Read More »
SD#55 Rolling Blackouts
We have a droid dropping in and out throughout the show. Google is bored with its new toy. We might be a little racist but need feedback to make sure. And I hate Stanley Jaffe.
- AT&T is finally unlocking iPhones for people. Now that it’s not exclusive anymore I guess.
- Bungie stops tracking your games. They’ve already tracked 20B of them, cut them a break!
- RIM doesn’t want you sideloading apps.RIM doesn’t want its executives anymore. What DOES RIM want?!
- Microsoft wants to purchase AOL to go against Google?
- Zuckerberg announced: Facebook buys Instagram. It’s Facebook’s largest acquisition ever.But, WHY?
- Does this signal the death of the big box electronics store?
- Commodore founder dies at age 83
- DoJ goes against Apple (again); this time for price fixing.More.
- Remember how Google bought Motorola? Seems it might not have been for the hardware.
- North Korea doesn’t realize everyone else actually HAS put things into space.
- Stanley Jaffe . . . I hate you.
- A chocolate printer will be sold after Easter. Now you have to worry about more than just the dog eating your homework.
- A Chinese kid sold his kidney on the black market for $3,500 to buy himself an iPad and iPhone. Now he suffers from renal deficiency and needs a kidney implant of his own, which will cost him around $35,000.
- Hasbro signs a multi-year deal with Netflix that will bring their 80’s awesomeness to the masses. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
- Instagram for Android was downloaded 5 million times in 6 days. I wonder how many Android users promptly uninstalled it when they realized that a 1970’s filter actually makes pictures look worse, not better?
- As a way of saying “Thank You” for their work in identifying the recent botnet to hit OSX, Apple tried to take down the servers of the security firm who first discovered it. Apple, who still is unsure what a “security firm” is and why anyone would need it, has been unavailable for comment.
- Nokia has acknowledged a software bug in the new Lumia 900. To make amends, it is giving out $100 credits to anyone using the new phone (thereby making it free). If you wait until after the software bug is fixed you can still get the $100 credit. AT&T customers using the handset will simply notice a $100 credit on their next bill. Long story short; Nokia just did the most innovative and straightforward thing ever seen in a mobile company!
- Joss Whedon has finally given the information needed to get Firefly back on the air. However a lot of fans of Castle and Homeland may not like the steps needed.
- Monty Python has a new Holy Grail App. All you k nig ets must download!
Why do Europeans hate American tech companies so much?
- EU vs Microsoft for including a browser and media player
- France vs Google for being too good
- EU vs Apple for advertising something the EU doesn’t have yet.
- Australia is in on it too