March 07, 2014 By ZukeThere are people, known as “audiophiles”, who live and breathe in the music they listen to and the sounds they hear. Often times they have a Read More »
March 06, 2014 By Dr SquishyPodcast (scam-show): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 29:52 — 13.8MB) | Embed Headlines: A lot of people watched the Oscars Oscar Winners Spidey Wants Read More »
March 03, 2014 By ZukePodcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 59:43 — 27.5MB) | Embed Shout out to our friends at 48-14! Check them out and let them Read More »
February 27, 2014 By Dr SquishyPodcast (scam-show): Play in new window | Download (Duration: 29:52 — 13.8MB) | Embed We sadly must report the passing of Harold Ramis And yet we Read More »
February 24, 2014 By ZukePodcast: Play in new window | Download (Duration: 59:43 — 27.6MB) | Embed Zohner is back in the house and brought a little something back from Read More »
SD#55 Rolling Blackouts
We have a droid dropping in and out throughout the show. Google is bored with its new toy. We might be a little racist but need feedback to make sure. And I hate Stanley Jaffe.
- AT&T is finally unlocking iPhones for people. Now that it’s not exclusive anymore I guess.
- Bungie stops tracking your games. They’ve already tracked 20B of them, cut them a break!
- RIM doesn’t want you sideloading apps.RIM doesn’t want its executives anymore. What DOES RIM want?!
- Microsoft wants to purchase AOL to go against Google?
- Zuckerberg announced: Facebook buys Instagram. It’s Facebook’s largest acquisition ever.But, WHY?
- Does this signal the death of the big box electronics store?
- Commodore founder dies at age 83
- DoJ goes against Apple (again); this time for price fixing.More.
- Remember how Google bought Motorola? Seems it might not have been for the hardware.
- North Korea doesn’t realize everyone else actually HAS put things into space.
- Stanley Jaffe . . . I hate you.
- A chocolate printer will be sold after Easter. Now you have to worry about more than just the dog eating your homework.
- A Chinese kid sold his kidney on the black market for $3,500 to buy himself an iPad and iPhone. Now he suffers from renal deficiency and needs a kidney implant of his own, which will cost him around $35,000.
- Hasbro signs a multi-year deal with Netflix that will bring their 80’s awesomeness to the masses. Now you know, and knowing is half the battle.
- Instagram for Android was downloaded 5 million times in 6 days. I wonder how many Android users promptly uninstalled it when they realized that a 1970’s filter actually makes pictures look worse, not better?
- As a way of saying “Thank You” for their work in identifying the recent botnet to hit OSX, Apple tried to take down the servers of the security firm who first discovered it. Apple, who still is unsure what a “security firm” is and why anyone would need it, has been unavailable for comment.
- Nokia has acknowledged a software bug in the new Lumia 900. To make amends, it is giving out $100 credits to anyone using the new phone (thereby making it free). If you wait until after the software bug is fixed you can still get the $100 credit. AT&T customers using the handset will simply notice a $100 credit on their next bill. Long story short; Nokia just did the most innovative and straightforward thing ever seen in a mobile company!
- Joss Whedon has finally given the information needed to get Firefly back on the air. However a lot of fans of Castle and Homeland may not like the steps needed.
- Monty Python has a new Holy Grail App. All you k nig ets must download!
Why do Europeans hate American tech companies so much?
- EU vs Microsoft for including a browser and media player
- France vs Google for being too good
- EU vs Apple for advertising something the EU doesn’t have yet.
- Australia is in on it too