We’re coming at you from Vegas . . . and not the Area 51 holding cell we were worried about. The recording connection is a little off, so you might notice some wormhole issues. Enjoy!
- Apple initiates dividend buyback program
- Kim Dotcom may get his stuff back? Copzlolz!
- NYT changes it’s paywall; you now only get 10 articles.
- Google tries to slam the door on the MPAA
- Sony explains they now know that Iran isn’t trying to hack them.
- Michael Bay really hates nerds
- John Carter was an expensive flop
- Remote access on a phone? Yep.
- Amazon and Google want to bring you movies before they hit the theater
- The Pirate Bay gives new meaning to the term “in the cloud”
- Fans loved the BSG Blood & Chrome trailer, so SyFy canceled the show before it started
- It took only 3 days for Apple to sell 3 Million iPads. The original took 80 days to hit that mark, and the iPad 2 took 28. Analysts say this indicates that the iPad might be considered popular.
- Q.Bo, the adorable little robot that’s already been taught the beginnings of self awareness, has now been fitted with a 3D mapping sensor, similar to the Xbox Kinect. I’m just waiting for researchers to finally just give the thing a gun.
- Rumors have dropped that Microsoft is planning to launch Windows 8 in October 2012. Reports are that both the PC and Tablet version will launch simultaneously.
- Seagate has developed new hard drive technology that’s estimated to more than double storage capacity in computer later this decade. The new technology will reportedly put more bits of data on one square inch than there are stars in the galaxy!
- Images have leaked of a Nokia designed UI overhaul for Windows Phone 7. As part of their agreement, Microsoft has granted Nokia the rights to create a custom skin, should the company want. The images, however, prove that Nokia REALLY shouldn’t.
- Mass Effect “fans” have raised $67,000 in an effort to get Bioware to change the ending of Mass Effect 3, thereby asking Bioware to do what they hate Lucas for doing.
- The Walking Dead season finale shatters viewer records. DUH! It’s one of the best shows in the history of TV. Of course record numbers of people watched the finale.
- Minecraft is coming to the 360 on May 9th. Schmidty rejoices.
- WoW open Beta begins for Pandera add on. If you’re not a WoW fan, you don’t care.
- The earless bunny born in Germany was slated to be an animal celebrity before it was accidentally crushed under the boot of the camera man sent to capture video for its upcoming commercial.
Talking Point – The Failings of the Nielsen System
Zuke’s Favorite: Can Lego’s even go 88MPH?
Zohner’s Favorite: John Carter of 1957
Stark’s Favorite: OK Go-pid
Schmidty’s Favorite: Time Lapse from ISS
Squishy’s Favorite: The sports geek in me is thrilled for the upcoming train wreck