Time to deal with a serious issue. Sorry. We’ll be back to our normal zaniness next week.
- Mozilla gets the ball rolling – Adapting Firefox for Win8 Metro environment
- . . . and taking a bite out of Chrome users! (Google bites back)
- Microsoft makes you sound super creepy and super smart all at once!
- Me “Friend” you long time!
- BBC’s relations with Iran deteriorate. Wait, they had relations?
- Copies are just as valuable as the original, but be careful.
- Space travel causes blindness
- The Lego DC Superheroes game looks amazing
- Amazon scores deal with Discovery
- Elder Scrolls Online? Yes please.
- That report that Apple abuses Foxxconn workers? Mostly made up!
- DARPA, the military’s “mad scientist division”, has lost its director to Google. We can expect Android powered . . . androids taking over the nation by Q4 2013.
- Square Enix and Airtight Games plan on releasing the next big First-Person Puzzler, Quantum Conundrum, where you use a glove to shift between four different dimensions to change the physics and environment around you.
- Women told to cover their cleavage while playing in chess tournaments. I had something set up for my next move, but I can’t think of it right now.
- French scientists have discovered a way to control where lightning strikes using high powered lasers. We immediately stop making “Surrendering French” jokes”.
- Encyclopedia Britannica to end print editions. Wait, what do we do if Wikipedia is blacked out again?
- A man is reunited with his family in India after being separated 25 years. Now living in Tasmania, he used Google Earth and Facebook to find his hometown in west India.
- Police in the United Kingdom use Twitter to announce they have found a lost girl. The girl’s mother is forced to tweet back “Have you found my daughter?” as the police hadn’t contacted the family yet.
- North Korea announces plan to launch a satellite. It is not known if they will use a slingshot or Photoshop.
- Diablo III rises on May 15. Stay a while and listen.
- A previous Time Lord wants to return for the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who. Let the regenerating begin.
- The Smithsonian celebrates 40 years of video game art. The exhibit features art from 80 video games.
- Instagram now has 27 million users. Not bad for an app that is about two years old.
Bullying and sexism in Nerd Culture – How NOT to do it.
Zuke’s Favorite: Soundwave + Game Boy + Legos = Pure Awesome
Zohner’s Favorite: Where the Walken Things Are
Stark’s Favorite: A good look at Star Trek music (podcast)
Schmidty’s Favorite: Pictures of things getting shot by pellet gun