After a few months of speculation of the next hero to be released, Blizzard’s Overwatch announced Doomfist today. He’s the game’s 25th character and for those Windows gamers, he’s available to play within the Public Test Realm now.
Doomfist is an offensive hero that relies heavily on speed and his cybernetic abilities which make him a highly-mobile and yet a powerful front-line fighter, while also being able to deal ranged damage with his Hand Cannon. He also wields the a cybernetic glove that delivers strong hits using his Rocket Punch and uses his force to slam into the ground causing mass damage. He also has a Meteor Strike attack, where he leaps out of view, then crashes into the ground to deal damaging blows, which should be great for clearing enemy players away from the objective. As Doomfist uses his abilities, he adds more shield which can potentially bring his health from 250 to 400.
It would appear that he’s not meant to be leading from the back; he’s actually developed to be close into melee range and literally punch people into the air. Like fellow Talon member Reaper, Doomfist is meant to flank around vital targets.
- HAND CANNON: Doomfist fires a short-range burst from the knuckles of his fist. It’s ammunition is automatically regenerated over a short time.
- SEISMIC SLAM: Doomfist leaps forward and smashes into the ground, knocking nearby enemies toward him.
- RISING UPPERCUT: Doomfist uppercuts enemies in front of him into the air.
- ROCKET PUNCH: After charging up, Doomfist lunges forward and knocks an enemy back, dealing additional damage if they impact a wall.
- THE BEST DEFENSE: Doomfist generates temporary personal shields when he deals ability damage.
- METEOR STRIKE: Doomfist leaps into the sky, then crashes to the ground, dealing significant damage.